View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 AM

Advanced Member

Default xc seo url rewrite sending products with "print" in the title to printable page

Hey I just ran into a problem where if I have "print" in a products name the page the customer is sent to is the printable page which of course looks like the site just broke. I could go through and change each one in the admin but I'd rather not and I know there is a better solution.

My first idea was to go into the .htaccess and rewrite some of the rules, but I don't know how to change it properly. If anyone can help here is what I think is causing my problem (in particular the RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ rule)

Code:
# Rewrite SEO product URL's RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$3&cat=$2 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$2 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$2 [QSA,L]

My other idea was maybe I could go into the product section of the sql and replace any "print" to "prints" in the title of the products which I think I can do on my own. Will that work alright?