View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 11:22 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: What did the latest update do to my site?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasPak
The problem I am seeing is with the custom css section. If put in there #secondary-menu {
font-size: 12px;
}

shouldn't that override any previous font-size settings in any other css for the div Secondary-Menu? Instead another css overrode those settings.

Code in the Custom CSS section follows the same precedence rules as the rest of styles loaded from *.css files. So, for example, if there is a "body #secondary-menu" rule that sets its own font size, it will override your custom code.

You can read more on this topic on that website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
We did think that maybe it's possible to upgrade everything to 5.2.12 with the exception of the CMS Module but are guessing, that this won't work, unless Qualiteam can advise us differently? Yes we can raise a ticket to ask, but others would also benefit from the answer if they posted it here

Although you can choose to skip an update for a particular module when upgrading your store, I would not recommend you to do it. The older version of the module may rely on code that have been changed in the newer X-Cart 5 version. So, this may cause unpredictable problems in the future. However, there is a chance that the older version still works with the newer core. At least you may try it on a test copy of your website.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions