View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 06:19 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: CDSEO Help - Installation Nightmare

Hi KaviSkin, as a disclaimer, I'm not associated with WebsiteCM (I actually have a free alternative module available, called XC SEO).

1. All urls are supposed to be automatically rewritten by the CDSEO module, as I'm sure you've found out by now.
2. It's actually code obfuscation, a slight difference. (Explanations at bottom of my post)
3. That sounds like an issue with the Apache rewrites
4. Eek
5. Agreed, but it's actually a requirement due to the method of CDSEO implementation (XC SEO Pro seeks to solve this limitation)
6. You're correct on this as well, CDSEO has an option to disable it, but that doesn't work, the only way to disable is to uninstall.

Regarding Jon being unavailable, that's due to the weekend and happens with most PHP firms around X-Cart.

If you'd like, I should be able to help you troubleshoot this issue. Contact me via email at jon@phpsitesolutions.com if you'd like my assistance (no charge).

Cheers

Quote:
An obfuscator attempts to secure your code by scrambling your code enough to make it unreadable by another human being. A programmer looking at obfuscated code has a hard time understanding what it does. The pro and a con to this is that it does nothing to stop a computer from reading the code. This is good because you want your code to still execute. It is bad because obfuscated code can be de-obfuscated. This does add an extra layer to overcome for a hacker, however once a de-obfuscator is built for a certain type of obfuscator all bets are off.

Encryption is different. Neither human nor any computer can read encrypted code. This means that by default your code cannot execute. This completely blocks out any attempt to unscramble your code. With the help of a separate application such as Zend or Ioncube, your encrypted code can be decrypted and then executed on the fly at runtime.