View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:04 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Custom Dynamic Search Engine Optimized Links for X-Cart is the ultimate search engine optimized link solution for x-cart, allowing you complete control over your product and category urls by allowing you to manually type the urls you want into textboxes on the product/category add/modify page.

Hold on a second, let me catch my breath: that is the longest sentence I've come across in a long time!

Don't get me wrong - it sounds like a fantastic mod. I wanted something like it because the XC-generated URLs are too long.

If you guys would sell it, a lot of people (including me) would buy it. By selling I mean explain its benefits (what it can do), not what it is. There is also a lot of ambiguity in the description, which makes me doubtful.

I will try to understand why it is needed. From what I can tell, these are the main benefits:

1st benefit) There is a chance it will increase profits.
This is done by helping to increase search engine ranking, and ranking = traffic and traffic = profit.
Based on that, would it be accurate to say that the software pays for itself in most cases?
Also, if I understand the benefit correctly, I would be losing money by not buying this enhancement.
What would be really helpful is to see some success rate statistics, SEO expert opinions or testimonials from someone not affiliated with you.

2nd benefit) Saves time and money for people using HTML catalog.
It saves time by updating automatically. Instead of generating an HTML catalog and scouting for broken links, everything is done for us, leaving our time for something more productive.

3rd benefit) The satisfaction of your customers, Jon, is your concern
I gather this from donavichi's statement on his customer service

Well there are lots more, and I won't do your job for you anymore :P
Which approach do you think is more compelling? I think just by writing all this, I am more excited than you are about it.

Just post some of those helpful things I ask for in the 1st benefit, and you will get an order from me

Thanks
Sam[/i][/quote]