View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:13 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: How can I stop "X-payments Started" orders from being created?

I have not lost sales as a result of using this new XP 2.0, no, I think sales have increased because from the customer end checkout seems to be smoother. However, this new 2.0 system seems to have bugs. For example, today I got an email notification from PayPal of an order #44058. This order did not show up in the XC orders list, so I checked it in XP. Yes, there it is, showing up as a "NEW" but not charged order, with the payment method ad CyberSource. This is completely wrong, the customer checked out using PayPal and had I not noticed the email from PayPal, I would have completely missed this order. This would be very easy to do because unlike in previous versions, it seems to be a large gap in the order numbers between each successful transaction. The payments screen is very lengthy with a new order number for the same customer generated numerous times before it is finally assigned an order number which has been charged. Likewise, we cannot get this thing to save cardholder data as of yet. I've put in a ticket for that, of course. I'm just pointing out - this system works but it's got some quirks that put us in danger of missing customer's orders and so far it's not been able to able to save a customer's data for re-ordering, the main reason we upgraded to it.

These days I do not care to use third party mods due to the headache of upgrading but in this case I think I will check out Altered Carts OPC.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1