View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 08:42 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Why is X-Cart 5 so unstable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
I had the same issue, and, as far as I know, it will be fixed in the next version. At least the most recent dev build works on my Windows 7 local server again.
Awesome news! I am currently having to develop on a virtual box rather than my local machine. Its much slower and very annoying. I'm excited that you already know of this problem and are fixing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_J
In my opinion, anyone with any concern for security or any other important metric that I can think of will not run a windows server environment anyway.

Having XC run well on windows server shouldn't be a priority considering all the other important issues that need to be addressed.
I understand your position, but since I use Windows for my main pc, I really need it to work! Anyone developing for XC5 on their local machine that uses Windows would call this a top priority. I agree with you about using Windows in a production environment, but for dev work it is great in my opinion.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.