View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 AM

X-Guru

Default Black Friday hell - X-payments designed for (by) geeks

Well, I survived black friday. Barely. But X-payments didn't help me.

HALF of my orders double submitted yesterday.

WHY THE F does X-Payments iFrame have the need to re-invent the freaking wheel?

X-Payments iFrame "lite" in OPC ajax
-------------------------------
Press submit.
CURRENT BEHAVIOR:

Div goes 50% transparent while order is sent to the gateway. Customer has no indication that anything is happening, so customer presses submit again. Admin has to mop up the mess.

Besides geeks, do you really think an average customer is going to interpret a 50% transparent box covering the iFrame to represent "Your order is now processing..." -- of course not.

WHAT IT SHOULD (MUST) BE:
Press submit.
Customer sees something (an image, a popup, a page, something) that CLEARLY indicates their order is processing, AND the submit button disappears. A gray box is not the universally accepted "your order is processing" image.

If the Ajax can display a transparent div, it can surely bring up something with actual information as well, yes?

This is a serious product defect that MUST be fixed immediately. I can't recommend that anyone use X-payments in its current state.

I tried to find in xpc and/or x-payments css where the div that does this is called -- but I can't decipher it. It's probably in javascript, right?

Alex, you know how to reach me if you want to fix this. I know you only recently inherited this product design -- but fixing this defect of the design should really take precedence over everything else. The core purpose of checkout is to collect the money and let the customer pay you without effort. Anything that makes the checkout unclear to the customer must be fixed. Agree?

I will update this post once this defect is corrected.

Thanks,

Jeremy