View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 08:20 AM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 5.3 roadmap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartwellj
I disagree.....For most of the X-Cart Modules, the compatibility is a range: 4.2-4.7. I don't see on the Marketplace that the modules for XC5 have a range: 5.1 or higher. When a module is made for XC5.2, why discontinue completely the module for XC5.1. Keep the range and allow customers who want to stay STABLE to use the older mod.

Listen to your statement: "XC 5.1 is old"....hahaha....you've been duked as well. How in the world could XC 5.1 be old already. Do you see how fast these upgrades are moving, to where version 5.1 is already discontinued and extinct.....You've just reinforced my point.

I can give you many examples of modules which are not in the range 4.2-4.7. This range is true with modules that started with 4.2 or 4.3. With newer modules which first release was for 4.7 you will have them compatible with 4.7 and 4.6 but not below.

And yes 5.1.x is old as now we have way newer version, improved, faster, less buggy. See release dates - http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Changelog
I am not saying 5.1.x does not work or you should not stay with it. All I am saying is you cannot expect module released today to also support older versions of XC. This will be up to the developer to decide if there is enough interest to have it running under older version.
I know all XC devs will consider this if they see enough interest to satisfy the expense of coding for older versions.