View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahid
Our difficulty is that our X-Cart installation has had a number of customisations made to provide additional functionality. It seems the installation script supplied with the Abandoned Cart module reverts the code back to original X-Cart code, breaking some of our functionality.

I guess the installer just failed to patch some files and offered you simply to re-write them. If you click yes it rewrite files on your server with default ones and consequently all modification are gone (if there are any).

I'd recommend you to re-install the module without re-writing files and then just patch the files manually. It's supposed to be working properly.

If you are not so confident in terms of installation you are welcome to offer our installation service. We will be glad to assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahid
Normally we would have installed this module to our test website first, before moving the code to our production website, but I couldn't work out of this would have caused a licensing issue with this module. Do you know if it's possible for us to do this? Our production website is www.domain.com, where our test website is test.domain.com instead.

No problem, you are welcome to install it on your dev. server. It would have caused licensing issues if you had installed it on some other production server for the live site.