View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 12:26 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboard
a) supposed to get 3 x email 1, before getting email 2

At the moment the module works this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboard
are they then going to email 1 sent 3 times plus 2 sent 3 times, or if not, how often is email 2 sent?

The module uses the last visit date to determine what reminder to send.

In your example, the automatic reminder function finds an abandoned cart the first time and sends email 1. Then the customer returns - this resets the last visit date. The reminder function finds this cart again, so it sends email 1 again. The same happens one more time, so another "email 1" is sent. Then 24 hours passes and the reminder function finds that this cart was left more than 24 hours ago, so it sends "email 2".

I don't say that this is the best way to send automatic e-mails and I appreciate your thoughts on this.

I can change the module so that it will use the first reminder's date (if any) instead of the last visit date. This will guarantee that the same reminder is never sent for the same cart unless items in the cart change. But it has its own drawback - if a user visits your site after you sent "email 2", there will be no more reminders at all. I'm not sure if this is what you need.