View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 AM

Default Re: BCSE cant fix it themselves: point reward sys

Below is a bit of code I created to place a Customer Reward Box on the side menu box with three functions:
1. The first button (link) is for the Customer Rewards point Static Page that explains how the reward system works
2. The Second button (link) is for the Customer Referral Page. If the user is not logged in it displays User Must Log In below the link)
3. If the User is logged in it displays the Current Points Balance.
4. If you wanted to be real tricky you could add a "These points = a $xx discount" But thats way out of my scope. Maybe someone can contribute that bit of code using the varable from the rewards point admin

So, now, you have your available points shown on your side menu wherever you in are your cart. Display this in prominant position.

{capture name=menu}
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr><td>Earn Points</td><td><a href="/store/pages.php?pageid=30" title="Coffee Shrine's Customer Reward Points Programme">{include file="buttons/search_head.tpl"}</a>
</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><hr class="VertMenuHr" size="1"/></td></tr>
<tr><td>Refer a Friend</td><td><a href="/store/crp_referral.php" title="Refer a Friend and receive Bonus Points">{include file="buttons/search_head.tpl"}</a></td></tr>
{if $login eq "" }
<tr><td colspan="2>">(User must be logged in)</td></tr>
{else}
{* Points Added*}
<tr>
<td>Points Balance:</td>
<td><b>{$points.total}</b></td>

</tr>
{/if}

{* End Points added*}</table>
{/capture}
{ include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_reward_points menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu }You can see it in action at the top right side menu of my site www.CoffeeShrine.com.au