View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 09:29 AM

eXpert

Default Re: What did the latest update do to my site?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
Unfortunately, it is impossible to test design updates on every possible configuration. That's why the generic fixes that we release will work for many users, but someone will have to apply extra CSS tweaks to get the changes compatible with their setups.

The XC5 dev team have plans on adding the fourth number to XC5 versions. Minor tweaks that will likely not affect most of the users will go into that number. Also, there are three waves of releasing a new version ("live" stores get the update on the third wave only).

Although the above should minimize the risk of installing an update that breaks some custom design themes and/or modules, the good practice is testing the update on a dev copy of your site so that you could tweak your theme and custom modules before upgrading your "live" store.

I understand that you may have issues with generic modules on modified themes and custom modules, but my store operates under a standard X-Cart theme and only 1 custom module that only changes sections of the admin skin and 1 change to the general skin. There isn't enough in there that would cause conflict so the issue was with the release of the module from X-cart. It was corrected by X-cart AND was determined that it was an error on their part when they wrote the module (they left out something and somehow that passed QA).
2GB ECC DDR3 1600MHz
2x Intel E5-2630L v2 Hex Core 2.4/2.8ghz
15 MB proc cache
60 GB 10k RPM hdd
PHP 7.0.15
MariaDB 10.1.21 with InnoDB engine