View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 01:06 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: PHP 5.4 compatibility for older versions of X-Cart (4.0.19; 4.1.12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
{Snip}QT - this post is misleading since the patch provided doesn't fix older XC versions for use with PHP 5.4.x and up. Please fix and provide new 5.4.x patch.
This does not affect newer XC releases like 4.5.x and 4.6.x
P.S. If anyone had tested or running older versions of XC on PHP 5.4.x without any issues please share so we can get to the bottom of this....
Some feedback on my V4.4.5 installation to share: My host upgraded all customer accounts from PHP 5.3 to PHP5.4 yesterday. They had given me a heads-up about the upgrade so I was not surprised to see the cart crash after the switch.

The crash was due to a PHP5.3 entry in the php.ini file that conflicted with PHP5.4. The php.ini file was not needed so it was removed and the cart was back online. However, later in the day I found hundreds of those dreaded "Illegal string offset" warnings caused by xcart's modules and third party add-on modules.

I understand that these warnings will not cause the cart to fail. However, I decided that rather than fill the logs with warnings (or force their suppression), I instead reverted back to PHP5.3.

Fortunately my host's control panel allows the users to select the version they want. The default PHP5.3 settings were chosen; All is back to normal now.
XCart X-PDF
XCart X-HotProducts
AlteredCart Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
BCSE Back In Stock
CFL Holiday Message
CFL System Message
Smack Digital (WebsiteCM) Remember Anon Carts
xcartmods Testimonials
xcartmods reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic
Unix, PHP 7.0 (patched 5.4).
MySQL 5.6