View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 09:27 PM

eXpert

That' fine but then everything that happens here, all of the advice that's given, is improving people's stores and I have not seen anyone post anything saying that they wanted to profit from what they were sharing until your post. I do see people requesting quotes to have a site modified or wanting a certain mod developed and that is something different. They are asking for something specific to be developed that they needed. I was going to have BOOMER do my site (skin) because he gave a very fair price (especially for the level of work he produces) but then I felt that I wanted to learn how to implement the things that people on this forum where sharing. Now my site may not look anywhere near as good as something that BOOMER, or funkydunk, or Shan (or any of the others that sent me quotes) could have made it look but at least I can say I am the one who created it (with the help of the great folks here).

And as for remarks about "not being a business person" I would have to say that those of you that feel that way are the ones who are clueless about how to survive in business. It would almost seem as those that have made those statements have never been in a real business. Do you just take the pricing given by suppliers and never question it or try to get it as low as possible? Do you not try to leverage and get "freebies" whenever and wherever possible? The whole purpose of a business is to bring in as much as possible with the least amount of outlay. Then, and ONLY then, will you be truly as profitable as possible. I have an obligation to shareholders to make them the most for their money. That is business! It even carries over to personal...do you walk into a car dealership and pay sticker price for a car? Do you not bargain and haggle in everyday life? Think about it!
866-318-BOWL