View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:19 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Checkout - any chance of an early release for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
Hi there,

So glad to see the checkout is being addressed - looks great!
(once the few errors people have mentioned are ironed out)

To be honest this was my biggest X-Cart disappointment in exisiting versions (it really sucks in existing versions) - and personally I do not see EZ Checkout as being much good either. So what to do right now I am thinking???

Therefore I am about to start hacking away at the invoice code (since my store is still not live yet) and I am wondering what is the best approach to take.
Namely try and use the code for V4.1 or hack away at V4.0.17?

Any feedback on this for the short term (NOW) usage is appreciated.

Thanks - Asiaplay.

PS: also thinking about the import and export admin feature - can this work as a standalone for the existing V4.0.17?
Namely does V4.01 use the same SQL structure as V4.0.17?
Love the fact that product language options can be imported via CSV for example! (presently daunted by the 1000 products x 5 languages I have and the time it will take me to cut and paste these in for each product!!!
As well as the pain of havng to copy the language side of options between products hassle that exists at present!). Any thoughts on having an update for the import/export area / part released earlier?

4.1 & 4.0 are totaly different, 4.1 beta is what it says, a beta version and not to be used for anything but testing and as a guide to what will come.

in no way use this code in a production site as you will have no support, plenty of errors and a store that will not fully work or be updatable.

for now use 4.0.17 or wait 6 months for a stable version of 4.1

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting