View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart Next is released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
25% is pretty high for not providing anything but advertising (unless I'm missing something else you help with for 3rd party developers)

Why do you think 25% is high for promoting your module to every XCN merchant?

Quote:
When we resell for other companies and they resell for us using the X-cart version 4, the company that sells the software provides the initial support and questions and defers to the maker of the module only if they cannot answer the customer's questions. Would you be at least providing a ticketing system or something to track the questions? A centralized system only makes sense for issue tracking as it would be very confusing for someone using XCN to try to figure out who to contact for support for module X, Y or Z.

Let me explain how we expect to support merchants. If merchants have a problem, they will go to our Support team and we will find out what is the problem exactly (whether it is caused by default XCN functionality or the 3rd party module). Once we find out that the problem is caused by the 3rd party code, we can refer this client to the developer for proper support and this developer has to be ready to support this client.

Of course, we do not want to bother clients, if we can help them straight away, but if we cannot help, it is responsibility of the developer to provide proper support. And the developer excuses like "this question is really easy, you could've supported this client yourself" will not be taken into account. This is what I mean about "developer responsibility of client support".

As for centralized support system, that's a great idea, thank you, but at this point we do not need it. Once we feel there is a need in such system, we will consider implementing it.