View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 AM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart Next is released

I stepped forward to see what your solution offers. Here are my comments:

- 100 USD/month is not a big amount when you want getting a shopping cart plus hosting out of the box.

- a bad thing is related to bandwidth. For 5000 products, 8GB is very, very small. Imagine how easy is achieving this bandwidth value.

- as software engineer I am interested to get access to the core customizing without paying more money in support (I know SaaS is a Golden Cave for those who offer it). I read it is allowed for certified developers. how can I be one? do I have to pay for this?

- XCN has a big gap in features comparing with XC4. for a while XC4 will be the best choice for those who want taking the benefits of 3rd party developers. in time, when QT will fill the gap, actual/potential customers can make a real choice. For the moment XCN is promising but not in a competitive shape.

- you should encouraging more and more XC4 developers to join your platform - just for testing. this action will shorten the time to get nice features in XCN. you should spend time to teach Community that this new way has benefits.

- if Qualiteam took the decision to close XC4 project after a while believe me it is a bad one. even XCN could have all XC4 features.

An honest information about what is going on in the next 1 year is necessary.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com