View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:09 AM

X-Cart team

Default X-Cart Next is released

Hi, everyone!

I am Tony and I am managing X-Cart Next community.

Today is a big day for us and we are excited to say we’ve finally launched X-Cart Next. X-Cart Next is a hosted e-commerce solution that allows customization. I will explain the whole system a little bit later.

New X-Cart Next website is available at http://next.x-cart.com/ and you are welcome to create 30-day free trial store. In addition to that we created a new forum fully dedicated to X-Cart Next questions, new Help center with Knowledge base, Suggest an idea service and Bug tracker. Finally, developers will enjoy our developer documentation.

Why X-Cart Next?

As you may know, X-Cart 4 is a great product that can be easily customized, but it has two main drawbacks:
  • a merchant has to be a little tech-savvy to be able to manage it (installation, adding modules etc)
  • upgrade problems after custom modifications

X-Cart Next solves these problems:
  • X-Cart Next is hosted solution, so a merchant will not need to worry about tech problems: the environment fits perfectly, store installation goes within less than 30 seconds in two clicks, marketplace installs modules in one click.
  • All customizations are made by modules, so they do not alter the core and the core can be safely upgraded.

Besides that we have thought about partners and here is what we can offer:
  • Developers and designers can upload modules and themes to our single marketplace. It means that your work will be available to all merchants right in their admin area.
  • Our partner program allows to get recurring commissions, so if you lead a merchant to us, you will get money each month with no extra work.
  • Free partner support for all types of partners (watch our partner program for details)
  • Great and growing developer documentation

Sounds good? Then try X-Cart Next out right now! Your feedback is extremely important for us, so leave it in comments here.