View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:41 PM

X-Guru

Default X-Payments htaccess - restrict IPs question

Since x-payments is all about security, why not really lock it down and ONLY permit access from known IP addresses, right? It's built right into the x-pay htaccess:

Code:
# Allow all requests to admin.php and api.php scripts # If you want restrict access to these scripts by IP-addresses, # comment this block out and read instructions below

Great. Obvious.

Code:
# Uncomment the lines below to allow access to the admin script # only from specific IP-addresses # (replace 192.168.10.32 below to your IP-addresses) # <Files ~ "admin.php*"> Order deny,allow Deny from all #office allow from 12.34.56.78 #home allow from 23.45.67.89 </Files>

Now -- this part broke my connection to xcart:
Code:
# Uncomment the lines below to allow access to the api script # only from specific IP-addresses # (replace 192.168.10.32 below to your IP-addresses) # <Files ~ "api.php*"> Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from xcart.ip.add.ress Allow from 12.34.56.78 </Files>

Now that didn't work. DO I need to also allow "localhost" ?

Am I correct in reading this as this constrains the api script to only the ips designated. That's what I want. What did I do wrong?

Who else needs to get to api.php and which IPs should this be set to ?
Thanks.
J