View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 02:59 PM

Default Re: PHP 5.4 compatibility for older versions of X-Cart (4.0.19; 4.1.12)

For Issue 1, I'm taken the folder Smarty-2.6.19 from X-Cart 4.1.12 and testing that - this seems to have stopped the issues there (I thinking that is more PHP 5.4 happy). This means editing prepare.php and smarty.php to point to the new folder.

For Issue 2, from what I can see in the logs it appears when just mktime() is used, so I have replaced that with time() and that seems to have cureced that. A quick seach through the code base shows that users.php also has an ocurrance, so I have amended that also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasb134
3. The weird names in the templatesC directory are the compiled templates. Have you tried admin->Maintenance: Clear templates/X-Cart cache?

Or maybe temporarily disable Settings->General Settings: Do not check if templates are changed (Smarty compile_check), and see if any of the related warnings are suppressed. Not sure if you have this feature in your version, so don't panic if it's missing.
The cache has been cleared, and certainly over the time of these errors - like I said, they have been there for a while, only now we trying to action them. The option to Not Check, as you said, is not there.
I am leaning toward my paranoia of hacks and malware, but when its on the live system I will see if the copy of Smarty in Issue 1 may clear this too.