View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Review Reminder Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
Thanks for quick reply. Yes, the second solution seems to work, I commented out the first two lines though. But it sent a reminder and inserted an Y into my database. Need to test it more but we are almost there.

If TEST_MODE is 'true' then database is not updated. If TEST_MODE is 'false' then database will be updated with 'Y' in 'xcart_orders' table.

But you can delete these updates with the following SQL-queries:
PHP Code:
DELETE FROM xcart_product_review_reminders;
UPDATE xcart_orders SET review_reminder='N'

As you can see both queries are without any conditions, so ALL reminders that were sent earlier will be deleted. Be careful, use it on the test store only please.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
But it still does not include mail templates. I receive a mail with only product listing and bottom signature. Link is ok.

I get this in my log:
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "skin/common_files/mail/salutation.tpl" in /var/www/...
but it is there and always has been.
Second, the mail template uses a different coding for some reason.
Could you help me with that?

I suggest to compare reminder template with another one. As example with customer registration notification ('signin_notification.tpl') template, because it also includes 'salutation.tpl'. And also check that customer registration notification email is correct. May be it's the common issue?

But unfortunately I can't say more exactly what is wrong. It will be better if you contact with our support team via helpdesk, they will be glad to help you.

The "Advanced Customer Reviews", "Root Categories" and "Pop-up Anywhere" author