View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: XC SEO Lite v1.0.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoday
I agree the extension isn't important but for the major search engines getting rid of the variables isn't really important. Google was the first search engine to crawl dynamic URL's and does a good job of it. Yahoo and MSN now crawl dynamic URL's too. I thought the goal was to keyword stuff the URL's to help with ranking.

I apologize, the keyword bit is what I consider a part of the static url, so for me that was "understood"

anyways, i'm not concerned about home.php as-is, seems it would be more trouble than needed to rewrite home.php, so that will be a "not-anytime-soon" feature

@Jerrad: my htaccess has
Code:
DirectoryIndex home.php index.php index.html

Which works for me. Additionally, I do not have any index file in my x-cart main folder. Seems to me like you have a redirect setup, because if I visit leukstewinkel.nl/shop/, I get redirected to leukstewinkel.nl/shop/home.php

EDIT: the appropriate functionality should be that the /shop/ url should show up, without needing to display the home.php part (tho again, if x-cart mentions home.php, users/search engines will still hit home.php directly at some point)