View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:53 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart 5.3 roadmap

About 70 modules installed here. Of those, probably 4 or 5 are vendor modules, 3 are custom modules made for us by X-Cart. Out of all of thoseā€¦

1) One vendor module not working properly ( Video and Content Testimonial - conflicts with Popup Anywhere module).

2) One X-Cart module not working properly ( Subscriptions)

That's it! It did take a few months to get to this point I admit. Some of these are "hot fixes" that will be addressed in 5.2.11 for everyone. The last few upgrades did not break anything.

Weak points:

a) No Product Configurator module

b) There is not a good, working testimonial module (seems like a no brainer but for whatever reason, no simple, bug-free, working testimonial module for XC5 is available).

c) No "previous/next" button to scroll through orders as you look at them. You look at one order, then must navigate back to the orders list and click each order individually. I've been getting 20-30 orders a day, it adds up to a lot of clicking.

Extremely weak: The inability to edit multiple products. Not so bad once you got everything in place but if you have 100's or 1000's of products to edit, you can't assign attributes, etc,etc, to them in bulk, each product must be done one by one.

At the moment I'm pretty happy with it. If you asked me 2 months ago, I hated it.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1