View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

the overall site was back to where it was, individual pages actually started placing at the top of searches. the problem with SCStore, is that now matter how nice the URLs are, it's tough getting it placed at the top due to the lacking return links

we couldn't convince the higher-ups that people needed to link into soundchoicestore.com, instead of soundchoice.com (the higher ups had split the store into a separate domain, for some reason)

the domain itself improved a bit on generic "karaoke" word search, but actual product pages (especially ones that we linked from the homepage) usually showed in the 1st 10 results on google, if not top 20

sorry for not going into more detail

i agree that people should never think that this mod alone will have their website good-to-go on seo (same for the other SEO mods). you have to do all the little tricks, such as getting linkbacks, moving page content towards the top of the page source, have some content-rich pages with good keyword references, etc etc.

rmoore, how would you recommend that XC SEO should be altered, to avoid the redirect issue? if i were to make the redirect optional, would that ease your worry?

and ya, i agree the mod is likely best for a new store, as it's never good to change your urls mid-stream, especially if you already have a successful store

btw, didn't mean to sound too snide in my earlier post about "advertising", was just attempting to joke around

cheers