View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlangevin
btw, SoundChoiceStore had a *large* number of existing products. We installed XC SEO which redirected old urls to the new urls, and while SCStore dropped a bit for a few weeks, after about a month it was back to where it was, if not placed better. just fyi.
If it was back to where it was, if not a little better placement, why use the XC SEO mod at all??

Are we not looking for a HUGE increase in ranking??

What that kind of tells me is that the redirects lowered the rank and the product's name in the url increased the rank, so you're back to where you were before the mod (if not a LITTLE better).

I would think we are all looking to move up pages not slots on a page. Like go from page 10 to page 2, not from slot 110 to slot 101. Sure you jumped 9 slots, but you're still on page 10 which in my personal option did you absolutely no good..

Lets face it, if you're not listed within the first 5 pages of a searched return, your site will most likely never be seen. When I search something personally, I only go maybe 4 pages before I do another search using a different search term or keywords.

Now do not misunderstand me, I'm not saying that the XC SEO mod is not worth using, as it very well may work for some and not others. What I am saying is that if you do decide to install this mod, do not think you're good to go in the SEO of your site. Again we are faced with the dynamic urls or redirects and it is a double edge sword.

X-Cart version 4.1.3
PHP 5.2.0
MySQL server 4.1.12
Web server Apache
OS Linux