View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 04:11 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: New version of XC SEO being written - feature requests?

Wow, that's a helluva request

Asiaplay, what version of PHP is running on your server? The reason I ask, is that for proper UTF-8/Unicode support, you'll need to be on a PHP 5 server with at least MySQL 4.1

This feature will take some careful planning, especially to ensure that security is properly considered, as handling different character sets can actually present security holes.

I'll read up on this further, to see how difficult it would be to implement unicode support into XC SEO

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
Hi there,

I have one very important want for SEO, given that X-Cart is designed for multiple languages.

1) Problem
The present versions of SEO add-ons (all I know of, including the one you have done to date) do not work for Multiple Languages or non-ascii characters (they only work for ascii domains and ascii languages).

2) Suggested Request
It would be great if the new SEO version you do is based on UTF-8 and can be used with all fonts / languages and also with IDN (International Domain Names).
IDNs are something like www.xn--05q878am23atne.hk (情趣內衣.hk = sexy-lingerie.hk) - these are starting to take off and become used with languages apart from English... so would be nice if the SEO side also worked with these type of domains.
Namely - use of SEO for multiple languages on one site, with urls and other SEO features working in native language text.

This would be a great idea... cheers, Asiaplay.