View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 06:53 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Order reports module for X-Cart 4 & 5

Thanks for more info!

I can easily add a breakdown of sales by taxes paid and state, but I guess it would not be enough.

At the moment I am trying to reach out to merchants who actually want to have automation in preparing tax reports, so they would tell me in what format they want to see the report in.

@learnteach, could you please tell me how do you deal with taxes right now? Once I know the process, I will be able to suggest how to automate and simplify it.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnteach
I am no tax expert, The report would have to basically total all the sales tax that was actually collected and paid paid by customers at checkout. The actual sales tax charged would be determined what the settings are in the Sales Tax Mod set up by store admin (i.e. sales tax charged at checkout).

We need a total of sales tax "collected / paid by customers" for a specific period and for a specific state. Also need a total sales for the period that was taxed and the total sales not taxed (for the same state). Remember sales tax is not charged on all products. Have a look at some state tax return forms and you will see what info they ask for.

Some companies pay the sales tax to their states treasuries monthly, other quarterly and other annually. Some companies only charge sales tax to customers that reside in their specific state others charge in multiple states if they warehouses in more than one state.

Hope this helps.