View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 04:59 PM

Advanced Member

Wink Re: 4.7.1 categoy generation by js

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Thanks for taking the time to post the answer. Its really great when you add value to the forum, and I for one appreciate it.

Though I'm not sure that this is the perfect solution for all sites, it sounds like it will be fine for most. Large category lists can be a huge resource hog if they are not cached. I think we need a second option to use a non-javascript but still cached method.

And +1 to what ITVV said, the site is blazing fast. And I am 4,425 miles away from the hosting. Unless I am mistaken there is no CDN. Don't ever ignore the value of a good server on a nice network.
You're welcome.
I agree completely: Switching off cache shouldn't be the best option but in my case it is. And that's not just on loading time but also on SEO. How can you write a code generating the category menu as javascript code? I mean ... where did you live?

Can you do me a favor and check the site on a smart phone with a common speed? Because what I have here (Brazil) they sell as 4G but it needs ages to load. Of course if you use a 20 MB connection or even better, there might be scarcely delay. But then check my old shop www.vitamine-und-mehr.org/xcart/catalog/ (or even the dynamic version) and you see what fast loading really means ...
Of course using a shared hosting - is a no-go.