View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Do we need X-Payments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb2world
Thanks for this, Alex. However - I don't believe you absolutely need to consider Authorize.net CIM as a solution within X-Payments only. Authorize.net CIM now offers a hosted solution or a lightbox or iframe for that first collection of the credit card information. (Previously - CIM was a problem because they did not have a hosted solution in their API for the credit card entry so it would need to be in X-Payments.) You can now actually implement Authorize.net CIM in X-CART or X-CART Next without using X-Payments. Now, you can actually add vault capabilities or a subscription/recurring module without requiring X-Payments.

From what Mike indicated - BCSE is using the iFrame part of the CIM API. It seems better to build this outside of X-Payments now that CIM API allows it. Perhaps you could coordinate with BCSE to build a module for X-Cart 4.x, and you could add Authorize.net CIM hosted to your XCART Next roadmap? Since it is hosted - you could even add it to Ecwid and have a subscription module there too.

---

So are you saying we can use Authorize.net CIM in X-Cart now? Currently we're using Authorize.net AIM to process our credit card transactions through X-Cart. I wasn't aware you could set up Authorize.net CIM through X-Cart right now. Please confirm if this is what you meant or if I am misunderstanding you

P.S. - Our store will be v.4.4.5