View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 09:11 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: eBay integration for X-Cart 5 RELEASED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia
Hi Ben!

It's not quite clear if you really mean "ending listing" or just "updating the inventory", so let me please try to explain how it's supposed to work for both :

-Once the product ( listed on eBay) is purchased in X-Cart and quantity in stock in X-Cart database is decreased, an inventory update call is sent to eBay, so the quantity decreases there too. If the product got out of stock in X-Cart, on eBay side it becomes out of stock too, but listing is not ended. In other words, the product on eBay remains listed, but can not be purchased.

If you sell unique goods, and really need to "end listing" every time the product is sold out, it requires a custom modification of the module.

If you sell batch-produced goods, and need to continue selling them on eBay once they're back in stock, you do not need to "end listing" each time: instead, you just update inventory in X-Cart side, and either manually ( by pressing "export inventories to eBay as shown here http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/addons/screenshots/eBay%20%20-%20products%20management.png) or automatically by cron.

In case you mean not "ending listing", but "not setting the quantity in stock to 0 on eBay side for some reason", it looks like a bug and requires the further check on your server.

If you need a custom quote for automatic ending listing, or if you faced a bug in this module, please submit a ticket in your HelpDesk account and mark it as "Attn Maxim Korchangin" to get it assigned directly to the module author and developer.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Ksenia!

I didn't know about the "Export Inventories to eBay" function, so that was definitely part of my problem. I selected the out of stock item and exported the inventory, however, the stock is not changed on eBay (there was only one in stock to begin with)

I will create a help ticket to troubleshoot this bug, and I am also interested in a quote to actually end the item.

Thanks again!