View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Invoice notification

Hi Tony,

I've noticed a similar issue with the text of the Order Receipt that gets mailed to the buyer. In addition to receiving 3 e-mails, 2 of them have the following text at the top of the message:

Your order has been changed Thank you for your business. Please come back soon!

I don't want to be nit picky, but there should be a period after the word "changed". What I'm seeing is that this text is sent when the "payment status" (as well as the shipping status) changes. The 1st e-mail shows a payment status of "Awaiting Payment" and the 2nd shows "Paid". What I'd like to be able to do is modify the text shown to say something like Your order "payment status" has changed. Please review the "Payment Status" later in this e-mail. Then continue with Thank you for your business. Please come back soon! Since this e-mail is also sent for a change in "shipping status", I'd like that to replace the "payment status" I referenced above when the message pertains to shipping.I was hoping to see these strings under the Store Setup->Translations option, but these particular strings are not there. So, like nandos07 above said, I too would like to be able to modify the text of the e-mail order receipt to better inform my buyer as to the reason why they are getting an additional e-mail that basically looks like one they already received.

I also noticed that the Tracking Info doesn't get sent unless you click the "Send Tracking Info" button. I would think that if you set the shipping status to shipped AND there is a tracking number in the tracking field, that you would include that in the status change e-mail (after clicking the Save Changes button). I wouldn't remove the send tracking info button however, as there is a possibility that you may need to send the tracking info message a second time and the distinctive subject line of the e-mail might be beneficial. I also noticed that the text from "Order Note" is NOT sent with any of the e-mails.

Thanks for an awesome e-commerce tool. At this point, I've been able to do everything I need with the free version and for that I am very thankful for all of your hard work.

Kevin