View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 AM

Veteran

Default Re: LC3 alpha 2 ("X-Cart 5 Lite") is released

Well QT posted in here - another alpha is out, please go to the site and check it out. So that's what I did. I didn't download or install the software just tried to use it on the demo site. I am not saying is bad that you letting us know the progress and status of the new version. What I am saying is - you put it out there for the whole world to see it but it doesn't work even on the demo site (even if it's alpha do you think is good advertisement for someone to go try it and see it doesn't work?). Most shopping cart users are non-technical persons, they won't know it the alpha is supposed to work or not, they just will know the new version doesn;t work. I think you are going from not sharing any info on the progress to the complete opposite. It is good we have some idea what the development stage is but at the same time I don't think you are doing this in the right way. This is my personal opinion. You should hire testers (from xcart/lc community and developers) and send them plan, ways to test the software, specific situations and instructions they have to follow to test/replicate/find bugs and also request them to respond to you with a detailed reports. That's what you will be paying them for. This is part of the software development cost. Then you collect all this data, analyze it and work to fix the bugs and then repeat the process. 2-3 times should be enought. Then you can release to the public as alpha or beta. Putting it out in the open like you do right now by just saying - here it is next alpha take a look at it - won't help you get real data of what's wrong or if it helps it is just too long of a process. I am still thankful QT is improving somehow and showing us some progress.