View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Hi everybody,

X-Cart 4.3 is almost ready so I would like to provide you with more information on its features and changes from X-Cart 4.2.

Major changes from 4.2 are:
- built-in X-AOM, X-RMA and Flyout Menus modules;
- built-in X-Cart 4.2 skins plus a new "Vivid Dream" skin plus a 2-column version of "Light&Lucid" skin;
- AJAX minicart and product ratings;
- collapsible categories menu;
- revised backend menu;
- quick order/product/user search function;
- history of order statuses;
- gift wrap option;
- custom title tags;
- integration with Carrier-calculated Shipping API for Google Checkout;
- support for Fraud Management Filters when processing payments by PayPal Website Payments Pro (US & Canada merchants);
- integration with Global Gateway, Amazon SimplePay, NAB Transact, HSBC Secure ePayments (API) and Cybersource (SOAP API) payment gateways;
- support for FedEx Web Services API;
- data import from LiteCommerce;
- multi-tier affiliate plans and rates [X-Affiliate add-on];
- support for many unpopular payment systems is dropped off.

In July we will let you know how to participate in X-Cart 4.3 beta testing (the exact date depends on results of alpha testing our Q&A staff are performing right now).

I will be monitoring this topic for a couple of working days. So, if you have any questions on 4.3 feel free to ask here.

so the AOM - RMA modules as well as the fancy categories will be available as an upgrade to 4.2.1?

i would also just like to double check that if i am still running a standard 4.2.1 cart with no aditional 3rd party mods, will my altered templates be affected when doing the upgrade?