View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 AM

Default Re: The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
It would be a HUGE missed opportunity on their part if they didn't involve the 18000+ registered users of this forum in the decisions. Obviously there needs to be a system created to manage all the feedback, as forum posts and the wishlist obviously don't get any attention.

There needs to be some sort of system to first sort the requests, and then vote on the requests. Other carts will need to be discussed just to that we can provide working examples of things that work well. I too would be VERY involved in this process, but only if my time is not spent in vain.

Once a final blueprint of features/functions is decided on by Qualiteam, there should be no less than 3 rounds of beta testing. 4.2 was supposed to be 'stable right away' but that is obviously not the case. This needs to be done right, by giving some sort of incentive for people to beta test, with a thorough bug reporting system and possibly its own forum.

I really think this is an opportunity to develop the best cart in the industry, but it needs to be done right. Qualiteam really has an advantage in having SO MANY users to draw ideas from, I hope they take full advantage of it so that no one is disappointed once the new cart is launched. There are a lot of talented people here in the forums, many of whom are willing to spend time making sure things are done right - almost like free programmers for Qualiteam. Use that to the fullest!

Well said Padraig.

X-Cart would do well to take your words into consideration at the highest level.