View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: HOW TO REMOVE "Powered by X-Cart ecommerce shopping cart software"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suseela
Thanks, i have removed powered by xcart ecommerce. I have little knowledge of html. However, just wanted to check with you, if done the right way.

Opened bottom.tpl. Xcart opens in editor. i simply selected <div class="left">{include file="main/prnotice.tpl"}</div> and deleted. Hope I have done this correctly.

2 suggestions:

1. instead of editing inside x-cart, you should seriously consider using an FTP client with integrated text editor.

2. Instead of deleting template code, it's always a good idea to comment the code out while testing - so you can easily restore if something doesn't work as expected. In a template file, to comment something out, surround the code with {* i want to comment all of this code out *}

so instead of deleting the prnotice.tpl include, it would looks like this:

Code:
{* <div class="left">{include file="main/prnotice.tpl"}</div> *}

Using comments helps you understand the edits you made - gives you an easier path to restore if need be, and in case someone else is looking at the code someday, the next person will see what you did (even if the next person is you!). It's very good practice to comment the daylights out of your code edits. You may remember what you did and why today, but come back in a year or 3 years -- WTF did I do that? Ah... it's commented.

There are different ways to comment templats (smarty) vs. php or html files. This method is for smarty templates (anything in x-cart that is .tpl)

HTH

J