View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:53 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta4 announcement

> With the removal of manual credit card processing, How are some of us
> going to bill customers for products that we have to assemble.
>
> You can not charge for a product unless it is ready to ship.

Many payment gateways support "Auth, then Capture" mode. I.e. when a customers credit card is not charged right at the moment of placing an order and the transaction gets authorized only. Funds can be taken at later time for the authorized transaction. Details depend on a payment processor chosen. X-Payments & X-Cart can do that.

Also, I want everyone to understand our reasons behind removing manual CC processing from X-Payments - keeping this feature would delay significantly release of X-Payments. Unfortunately, we were given false impressions that everything was fine when I announced X-Payments beta4 release that had manual CC processing.

Please notice that manual CC processing makes maintenance expenses for an on-line merchant much higher as he/she have to run another dedicated server for database with credit cards that is accessible locally only and protected by another firewall.

We advise strongly X-Cart merchants who do manual CC processing to outsource CC processing to a payment gateway. It will save you very many efforts, time and money.
X-Payments product manager