View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 10:49 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: eBay integration for X-Cart 5 RELEASED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_
Hi,
I am looking at this module for X-Cart 5. I see that there is an option to add an extra amount to each listing, which is great for additional flexibility and control (factor in selling fees/overheads), but I think for those of us who are also using a VAT/Tax module on our sites (I am using UK VAT), that an additional tick box for adding VAT/Tax to the items might be a useful option that can be applied at the module settings level. Then whatever VAT/Tax value is assigned against the product is also applied to the total that is passed over to eBay.
Another idea would be to add a character count to the product title field, since the title is recommended to be between 60 and 80 characters for the eBay listings (if it is over 80 characters it gets truncated).

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in the module and sharing your ideas on its improvement. The tax related feature you describe is planned to be added in one of future module releases (unfortunately I cannot provide you with timeframes).
As for the character count for the product title, we'll think what can be done, however at the moment there are no plans for adding this feature into the module.