View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 03:18 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Invoice notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPLA
Shouldn't an email to the customer only be sent when the 'Notify customer' checkbox is selected? This is my first X-Cart project, so still learning but my initial assumption was an email would only be sent to the customer when that checkbox is selected.

Notifications about changed order status are always sent to customer. Although, we want to create options which will manage it.

I feel, you mean the "Send Order created notifications to customers" option. This option controls notifications after customer submits an order via off-line payment method (like phone ordering or check). It does not affect orders placed via payment gateways like Paypal or Authorize.Net.

Quote:
Seems like the decision of when to notify the customer should always be made by the Admin making the update vs. having logic built in that automatically sends an email when certain actions/fields are updated. Plus it would eliminate work on the X-Cart team to keep this logic working or updated when new status need to be added. Sounds like a Win Win to me!

Any recommendation on how to modify this?

What is the result you are trying to achieve?

Quote:
Also I'm going to submit this to the Ideas section, but would be great if there was a text field where the Admin can add in some specific text to add when they want to notify their customer of an update to their order.

This is already planned, but thanks for submitting idea anyway!

Quote:
So far really enjoying working on X-Cart! Great product!

Thank you for your kind words!