View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: All Products on front page, similar to featured products

Well that worked, but I don't think it's going to give my client the desired affect. I had to set "Number of days to keep products marked as new arrivals:" to 365. Honestly I could set it to 120 days, but even then I think the problem is going to come when a product either falls outside the 120 day mark or whatever I set it too.

Another thing I notice is that it's 2 separate lists with Coming Soon at the bottom. If he has 150+ Products, like he usually does, in the New Arrivals section, then the Coming soon gets pushed to the bottom. "Out of site out of mind".

I also see another problem with the way New and Coming Soon works. When you go into a product category, it lists all the products in that category, tags them, new/coming soon. Then below that it breaks them up into New and Coming Soon and lists them again. If everything it "New" by placing the 120 day setting, then this really messes with the customer. Because they'll see, for example, 20 products, and then the same 20 products again along with an additional X products in Coming Soon. That seems very redundant. I know this probably works for normal sites that don't have high product turn over.

I think we'd much rather have a complete list on the Front Page with all the products mixed together that also included the "New" and "Coming Soon" tags, which seems to only appear once you view the products in a Category.

We value the potential of the Orange "look here" tags that help with conversion rates. Heck if I could make them flash and dance around I would lol

Do you think you might be able to help me design a module that could work in conjunction with Product Advisor to get the desire "New" & "Coming Soon" products all in one complete list with the tags?