View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:13 AM

X-Man

Default Re: The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

It is the weekend, and obviously Qualiteam cannot be expected to relpy until Monday, but I would like a reply.

It seems to me that Qualiteam have just made this descision. As such they are saying that they are going to start a brand new cart. Fine. A very good idea. In any IT development the first stage is to document the user (our) requirements. Then to prioritise the requirements; then design a system to fulfil the selected requirements; then build it (then TEST etc etc).

Are we, their customer base, going to be asked to list our requirements, to actually say what we want? I would be prepared to spend time on this IF I could be assured it was worth it.

Are they going to list all our requirements and get votes or something, to get an idea of who what wants what etc? Are they going to involve the large customer base and listen to us, get our help, so that togther we can develop the best ever cart?

Or are they going to disapear for 12 months, wave a magic wand, and say here you are this is what we think you want?

If the latter then I will not wait around.