View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:52 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Hi folks,

Since both X-Cart 4 and LiteCommerce 2 platforms require almost a complete rewrite in order to provide you with cool modern features like AJAX interface and so on, we have decided to develop a new shopping cart software on a completely new platform. It is planned to be released by the end of 2009. Although most likely it will be released under "X-Cart" brand, it could be considered as "X-Cart v5" and "LiteCommerce v3" at the same time. X-Cart and LiteCommerce users will be granted licenses on the same conditions.

Since we move all of our efforts towards development of the new platform, new releases of LiteCommerce and X-Cart will include bug-fixes only, not new features/improvements. The only exception is X-Cart v4.3 that is planned to be released this Spring and that will feature PCI-DSS compliance (however, it won't be listed under PA-DSS verified payment applications).

There is no hurry to migrate all LiteCommerce stores to X-Cart 4. The only reason I see is the PCI-DSS compliance (which rules don't apply on all e-commerce stores). For those LiteCommerce users, who require such a compliance right now we can exchange their LiteCommerce license to X-Cart - that will allow them to switch to X-Cart 4.3 and achieve PCI-DSS compliance before we release the new e-commerce platform.

Feel free to ask me if you have a question I haven't addressed.

Best regards,

What other modern features besides AJAX? Have to be many more reasons for 5.0 no?