View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

That is what I thought after reading through the thread again. I do not mind a little longer like 5 seconds but 20 - 30 seconds on a high speed connection is too long I think. Keep in mind that the long load time is only for apparel items and not for promotional products on the site. I need to have some people look at the site for input on the loading time. If you have any suggetion that might help I will look into it. Most of the large images are 500px to 600px wide so they are not hugh in file size.

Another thing I have notice are the images for the thumbs and products are not as clean and crisp as if I was using an image for each size. Example go to http://www.thepromoshop.com/products/mens-classico-analog-watch.html and look at the product image which is distorted along with the popup. Next click the thumb, which is a detail image I made and it is clear and crisp. Any suggestions to help with the images be clear and crisp? I even change the thumb in the admin for that product to be 500 px wide and it did not help the product image clearity.