View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 12:12 AM

eXpert

Ok, this is a very old post I'm replying to, but I'm thinking of adding "continue shopping" button at the View Cart and Checkout stage.

I have tried to work with by disabling "redirect customer to cart" and although I have three "view Cart" and "checkout" links on our pages, customers seems to be getting confused once they add an item to cart, and when the shop doesn't direct them to a cart iteself after adding that item. I find that surprising but hey, customers are alway right.

What I need to do is redirect customers to the Category they were at and not direct them always to the last page they were at. Sometimes a customer will choose to see a product page and than add that product to a cart, or they may add an item using "Buy now" from within the Catagory pages. (-1) setting will redirect them to the last page they were at, which will be fine if they were on Catagory page, but if they added an item at Product page this will redirect them back to that product page. I wish them to be redirected to the Catagory page always. How do I go on about implimenting this?

x-cart version 5.4.X, hosted on X-Cart server/