View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Direct access to orders and items

This is a great little mod!

I liked the idea of having it in the header area, but my search needs are a little different so I made some changes. Firstly, I would never use it for searching for a product, so I didn't need that part. I just need to search orders frequently. Sometimes I have an order number, but sometimes I only have a name and vague idea of time, or just a name with no idea of time.

So mine now sits in the header with a field for order number, a field for name, and radio buttons for time periods. There's no submit button since you can just hit enter.

I should also mention that I never use the language selector that appears in that area of the header, so I actually replaced it with the order search. If you use the language selector, be aware that this will make it go away.

I don't know how some people are making images appear in their posts, since the img tag doesn't seem to do it, but here's a link to a snapshot:
http://forum.x-cart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=659&stc=1&d=1196193934 Snap1.jpg

To do this, I edited skin1/head_admin.tpl. Find the following snippet. If you haven't already modified the file you should find it at lines 15-37, but just be sure you are looking at the whole table row (the <tr> before the '{if' all the way through to the </tr> that comes after the {else}):
Code:
<tr> <td colspan="2" class="HeadLine" align="right" height="22"> {if ($usertype eq "P" or $usertype eq "A") and $login and $all_languages_cnt gt 1} <form action="{$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI|amp}" method="post" name="asl_form"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td><b>{$lng.lbl_current_language}:</b>&nbsp;</td> <td> <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{$smarty.server.QUERY_STRING|amp}" /> <select name="asl" onchange="javascript: document.asl_form.submit()"> {section name=ai loop=$all_languages} <option value="{$all_languages[ai].code}"{if $current_language eq $all_languages[ai].code} selected="selected"{/if}>{$all_languages[ai].language}</option> {/section} </select> </td> </tr> </table> </form> {else} &nbsp; {/if} </td> </tr>

Replace that entire snippet with this one: (After backing up the original, of course)
Code:
<tr> <td colspan="2" class="HeadLine" align="right" height="22"> {if ($usertype eq "P" or $usertype eq "A") and $login} <table> <tr> <td> <form name="searchform" action="order.php" method="post"> <table> <tr> <td>Order Number:</td> <td><input name="orderid" type="text" size="10" maxlength="8"></td> </tr> </table> </form> </td> <td> <form name="searchform" action="orders.php" method="post"> <table> <tr> <td>Name:</td> <td><input name="posted_data[customer]" type="text" size="10" maxlength="35"></td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="" checked="checked" type="radio"></td> <td width="60">All dates</td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="M" type="radio"></td> <td width="80">This month</td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="W" type="radio"></td> <td width="80">This week</td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="D" type="radio"></td> <td width="60">Today</td> <td width="1"><input type="hidden" id="orderid2" name="orderid2" value=""><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[by_username]" value="on"><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[by_firstname]" value="on"><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[by_lastname]" value="on"><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[address_type]" value="Both">&nbsp;</td> </tr> </table> </form> </td> </tr> </table> {else} &nbsp; {/if} </td> </tr>
I hope somebody finds this useful!!

(By the way, I did this in version 4.1.9. Your mileage may vary in other versions.)

Marshall
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	659  
http://www.certifiedmiracles.com Version 4.4.2