View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Advanced Member

Talking Re: My Account Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Yes, that is what this mod will do if you install all of the pieces (menu_profile_mod.tpl, auth_mod.tpl, etc). You will also need to edit the php file that controls the redirects, which I provided a link for a few posts back.

When the user logs in, they get redirected to the 'my account' page with links to all the major account management items. If they have an item in their cart, they get redirected to their cart.

Maybe I'm not stating clearly my thinking - I understand what *this* mod will do, I am just wondering if instead of uploading new files, could I use the file that is already in x-cart. [less storage on the server that way - also less editing as the files included in the zipped archive still have the css styling of the vertmenuitems.....where as this login_form.tpl already is styled for being in the main area.]

If this is correct, then my help/index instead of saying {include file="help/Login.tpl"} it could say {include file="main/login_form.tpl"} and then the only NEW file would be the menu_profile_mod.tpl. to which I would modify further by adding the wishlist and gift certificate info.

As for the redirect in the include/register.php - I'm not quite sure I understand it (I'm going off of the file that Jayk just updated today).....I don't see any reference to the menu_profile_mod.tpl in that redirect.

Sassy