View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 03:36 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
can someone please help me understand where we currently are at in this?

i have been told by a client that he could only access a link to the "latest version", being 5.3.x....and cannot find any 5.2.16 zip link...

...yet in xc admincp we recently saw the 5.2.16 and module upgrades as well to go with...

i feel there must be an oversight somewhere as you have discussed giving ppl the option when to jump to 5.3 and indeed even for test purposes those files must be availible somewhere...

furthermore, we have considered just using those 5.3.1 files but having not seen them in admincp could suggests it is not quite ready and/or some developers may not have upgraded their modules etc so naturally there is a hesitation..

All the modules from X-Cart core team are adapted to 5.3.x. At the moment we are working on the adaptation for paid modules from Qualiteam and working with 3d party developers to adapt their extensions to new branch.

In 5.3.1.3 version we will add the "Request an upgrade" button to the admin CP, so merchants will be able to follow up developers to adapt modules to the new branch