View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 06:13 AM

Default Manufacturer Descriptions on Manufacturers Page

This is a really simple MOD and most people could probably figure it out in 5 mins but when I've been searching around for MODs, even the simple ones are handy!

The MOD changes the layout of manufacturers.php if you are using that feature. It displays a short description of the manufacturer next to it.

It pulls the description from the "META Description" tag used when adding a manufacturer, and displays it next to the Manufacturer label and wraps them in a table. This saves you from any editting of the database or labels. The META description should also be a reasonable length for this use.

You need to edit
Code:
skin1/modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturers_list.tpl

Change the main code from {capture] to {/capture} as follows:

Code:
{capture name=dialog} {include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl"} <table border="0" width="580" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="8" id="manufacturertable"> {foreach from=$manufacturers item=v} <tr> <td nowrap valign="top"><a href="manufacturers.php?manufacturerid={$v.manufacturerid}"> {$v.manufacturer|escape}</a></td> <td>{$v.meta_description}</td> </tr> {/foreach} </table> {include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl"} {/capture}

I'm using a fixed width template so have fixed the table width at 580.

My version is 4.3.

Hope thats useful to someone out there!!

www.shetlandmarket.com