View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 03:42 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: XC5 Homepage layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartaleck
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response on this one! I'm looking to do 4 items / columns but it should be easy enough to adapt it if you do 5, etc. I looked at your current module and it's quite simple! Almost too simple because I'm wondering how everything works with so little code. It appears that there is a function for turning on / off the categories or something? Then it looks like you are checking if the page is the main/home page and telling the value to be 'false.'

I started with my own basic layout mod by following some instructions I found in the X-Cart 5 guide and am making some sense of the way things work. Are there anymore tutorials and/or guides that I should be referencing if I want to create some mods? I'll probably make a new thread to explain what I want to do and get some opinions from other users who may also be interested.

Thanks!

Yes, X-Cart 5 code is quite terse and little pieces of code can force quite big changes.

http://kb.x-cart.com is the only source of docs we have. However, now I have a big goal to improve dev docs for X-Cart 5 and I am focusing on it right now, so the docs will be expanding in the near future. You can post suggestions about what you would like to see there, so I could better adjust my plans.

Also, I will be giving updates on forums about work I have done.

Anyway, I scheduled the mod about how to change number of products on home page and I will update this thread once I am done with it.

Tony.