View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:34 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

I had XC SEO installed on my X-cart for over a month now. Obviously from the SEO stand point it improves significantly from the ⌠out-of-the-box■ X-cart. It even rewrites the static embedded pages, which is awesome. However as I learn more about SEO I started to think that I want more control than what XC SEO has to offer at this point. As you might know already, to optimize a site does not only involve optimizing just one or two keywords; instead, there are multiple keyword clusters. For example:

Laser printer
-HP laser printer
-Brother laser printer
-Laser printer for home
-Heavy duty laser printer

Toner cartridges
-HP toner cartridges
-Color toner cartridges
-Remanufactured toner cartridges

Above is the example of 2 clusters. Each cluster has a main keyword and some sub-keywords. On the homepage you might want to optimize for 3~4 main keywords, but as you go deeper into the site, you might have to pick a few sub-keywords and optimize those on a specific page. If we use the printer example, it doesn▓t make sense to inject ⌠color toner cartridges■ in to a page when the page is selling b/w laser printer.

That is one of the downside with XC SEO, you pick a few keywords and it injects them onto every url. Which is better than the junk that the default X-cart gives you, however it can be better. That▓s why I am thinking of switching to CDSEO instead. I haven▓t completely decided yet, since CDSEO is very expensive and I am not making any profit yet.

Anyway, that▓s the reason. So going back to the steps to uninstall XC SEO, do I just run the install.php again? Is it pretty much self explanatory once I run the file?