View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.4 released

There appears to be a default behaviour error with the add-to-cart button where a variant is sold out. Customer selects Medium size, which is out of stock, add-to-cart button is still displayed, but then tells customer once they click add-to-cart that they cannot buy that item! wow

If there is no inventory, how can the add-to-cart button exist for 0 quantity? Default should be to not display when not in stock. Also confusing with the product notification button. If you switch to the Medium size, it still displays add-to-cart but also a button for remind customer when in stock is displayed by ajax. Why doesnt it hide the add-to-cart button at that time? because you dont have any choice anyway to use that button.

Customer is left with a situation where they are hitting a brick wall and then crawling around it, they want the item so they are always going to click add-to-cart if it is there.

Imagine you have 10 variants and 9 are not there, customer will have to go to each one and click add-to-cart to find if there is 1 in stock.

I think this is assuming out of stock items are not disabled, I have not checked that. I do not like to disable products in case it comes back into stock, it is still accessible in search engines. Also I can make a coming soon section where you list some items which are not available yet.

A further improvement is to have an option that you are not selecting a variant by default, this is biast and choosing for the customer in some cases. Instead a fist line of "select size" for example, then the customer knows they have to do something. Rather than leave them on Small size by default. The price once on default select-size should then be $lowest option-$highest option. At the moment it is just going to tell the customer $x and then they will discover the largest size is going to be higher price once they click on it. Bad behaviour. Any many do not look again at the price and then see it went up somewhere and could be put off. Its not clear at all.

The variants should also be with some kind of ajax links in columns which will then update the product information. At the moment, the variants/options are all hidden in a drop down menu! When the customer lands on the page, you are not showing them the sizes, you are saying click another thing to see the sizes, and then whilst you click on that keep your eye on the price at the same time, because it could change. Why not show the price next to the variants or control this more clearly.

Still lots of improvement necessary for the options and variants from my observation, and please can it be included in the distribution upgrade, not sold as X-Variants for $165 seperately. These ideas were just given free of charge and the software needs to come a bit more up to scratch in the standard package for all.

Ultimate 5.4 testing